Saturday, January 28, 2023

Retreat notes and gratitudes from Todos Santos

JW: I am grateful

  • for this life gift of "us" which wisely defies label
  • feel grateful for what I see as your strength and ability to hold an unlabeled space which is creating a field for me to grow into my own self-understanding and authenticity
  • for the growing understanding that we are two complicated human beings who have chosen to share a part of our life journey ... in one canoe, paddling as little as possible down one river, gathering wisdom, grace, and love as we find it.
  • for my own wobbly ability to step into an unlabeled reality and begin to see its wonder
  • for your willingness to share your feelings of anxiety, which I see simply as an aspect of your reality, something to be embraced, somewhat like being tall, and which also serves as a mirror to allow me to embrace my own, previously unseen, feelings of anxiety and fear.
  • for the many hours of our conversation which passed so gently between us
  • for my growing feeling of connectedness and joy at being together on this journey

I am reminded of my commitment to SLOW ... Savoring the moment, Listening to life as it speaks to me, Owning my own feelings and commitment to growth, Wonderingly opening my whole self to life and this journey.  In service to that commitment, I intend to stay open, honest, and authentic.

I intend, as much as possible, to stay in the moment rather than trying to skip ahead to see how it all ends, which, of course, would be death. Now is the moment I am ... that we are ...  in. This moment, this journey, is too wondrous to attempt to pin it down by language or label. It is a felt experience to be joyously savored. Perhaps that is the truest definition of the Holy Grail.

The blog as Granary Tree where nourishment is stored rather than as an obligation or chore to be checked off. I want our journey together to nourish each of us, creating a solid foundation of trust and support that allows each of us to flourish and grow, individually and together. One of my favorite Spanish words is: juntos ... together.

As I gradually see more of you, I want to remember that I am seeing only glimpses of you rather than a static definition of who you are. My seeing is a reflection of where I am, my capacity to see, and your willingness to be seen, not a definition of the infinitely complex being you are. Therefore, I want to replace "you are" language with "I see a (quality) in you (or?)" as more of a question open to conversation and modification than a definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.