EWR: I got to thinking today about places that I've stayed over the years which have been in some way special to me. After identifying them, I started thinking about what made them so special. The elements that stood out for me were
1) Quiet & Serene
2) Scenic
3) Warm and inviting
4) Sturdy and unique, with a certain charm
5) had stellar on-site dining
Each of these places made me feel special and there was something about them that spoke to my spirit. I remember walking outside one of them on a crystal clear autumn evening and seeing the moon rise above the hills and was just awestruck. Below are pictures of five of them. I thought this might help us in deciding what kind of places are we looking for to have our retreats.
Golden Colorado
JW: Be careful … you’re about to get elected Travel Master … all your criteria are perfect although #5 probably eliminates a lot of possibilities but definitely would be a plus. When I was thinking about a replacement for your coming up here in Feb, I prowled around Julian airbnb and found this for a late March possibility. No on-site dining and local options are somewhat limited but other than that, this one struck me:
I get easily overwhelmed when I start looking at travel options so I think your setting criteria for decisions helps.
This place in Grass Valley is stunning. And GV/Nevada City has lots to explore and friends that I think you’d like.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.