Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Step #2 Call to Adventure - EWR

 Call to Adventure


What precipitated the call for me was the invitation. It meant I didn't have to go it alone but I would have companionship on the journey. I'm not sure why that felt so much better than the prospect of doing it on my own but I am going to trust that gut reaction. 


It was also an invitation from someone I already trusted, that I had already established a relationship with, and whom I knew to be creative and open-minded and, perhaps most importantly, non-judgmental.


The wider context is a vague, undefined, dissatisfaction with my life as it is. Although I am reasonably comfortable, certainly compared to many others in the world, I am not happy with the way things are going. I lack the sense of purpose and a reason to get out of bed in the morning. 


I long for more robust, authentic relationships, the kind that nurture one's soul. I want to embrace life instead of just tolerating it, waiting for the inevitable. I want to push against the belief that my better days are behind me, and that it's all downhill from here. I want a spiritual adventure even though I don't know exactly what that means and I'm skeptical that anything will come of it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you responded. Your clear, honest statement is compelling and resonant. I'm glad we have it here because I think it will call us back repeatedly in coming days and months ... maybe years.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.