EWR 12/26/2022
Interesting you should ask. There are any one of a dozen different things I could've picked up on this morning, including your rich and heartfelt email about Dolores yesterday, but I had to pick and so I went with our self-assignment to begin reviewing my religious and spiritual development. I'm about a third into it at this point. This could turn into a whole separate dissertation. Which I am fine with as this seems to be a core issue to deal with at this stage of life and an integral part of the Journey.
It did occur to me that we might need another category on our blog site for "Loose Ends" that is those ideas that are worth pursuing but for whatever reasons don't make it onto the A-list of priorities. It's the ongoing dilemma of having a mind that can be described as “high in idea productivity” (a technical term I learned from studies in psychometry). The fact that we are both gifted (or afflicted!) with this trait is something we need to be cognizant of and willing to go with. I remember an interview with the author William Bridges in which he was asked what has changed about himself over the years and his response was "I feel less of a need to write down and pursue every idea that flits through my head". That was a comforting and reassuring thought for me, although the compulsion still exists in my psyche.
JW: Perfect. And my question ... which if we had an answer for, we would be both rich and famous ...
Where the hell do all those flittings come from?
And ... perhaps, since we share the same affliction, we need a mutual flittings permitted pact? With the understanding that some (or many) flits will be missed or overlooked in the flitting storms that come our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.