I have these moments all steady and strong
I'm feeling so holy and humble
The next thing I know, I'm all worried and weak
And I feel myself starting to crumble
The meanings get lost, and the teachings get tossed
And you don't know what you're gonna do nextYou wait for the sun but it never quite comesSome kind of message comes through to youSome kind of message comes through
And it says to youLove when you canCry when you have toBe who you mustThat's a part of the planAwait your arrivalWith simple survival andOne day, we'll all understandOne day, we'll all understand
One day, we'll all understandI had a woman who gave me her soulBut I wasn't ready to take itHer heart was so fragile and heavy to holdAnd I was afraid I might break it
Your conscience awakes and you see your mistakesAnd you wish someone would buy your confessionsThe days miss their mark, and the night gets so darkAnd some kind of message comes through to youSome kind of message shoots through
And it says to youLove when you canCry when you have toBe who you mustThat's a part of the planAwait your arrivalWith simple survival andOne day, we'll all understandOne day, we'll all understandOne day, we'll all understand
There is no Eden or heavenly gatesThat you're gonna make it to one dayBut all of the answers you seek can be foundIn the dreams that you dream on the way

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.