ER: I’m inspired too. And grateful to have you as a companion. This is all new to me in a sense but I feel like you have tried some of these idea and tools before and can, at the least, save us from a few dead ends.
My notes on Journey 2023: Really like how you've fleshed out these thoughts.
Interviews with heroes.. I’ve often wondered why I look to some people and not others: Freud instead of Jung, Lennon instead of McCartney, Bobby Kennedy rather than Jack, Camus rather than Sartre. This is a way to explore the nuances and see what’s rattling around in there.
I like the "rather than" idea and will have to think about it for some of my heroes.
It does require a sense of the opposites which I think you've got a better handle on.
It's going to make me dig a bit.
Psychedelic Retreat. A proper one, as the Brits would say, without the self-styled guru and nauseating effects of our erstwhile retreat in Julian. The goal is to step thought the portal and return with something of value.
YES! And in a safer, more "sacred" way than before.
Shadow work As near as I can tell, this means everything from dealing with your hatred of spinach to murderous fantasies regarding corrupt politicians. I’d like to have a little chat with the doppelganger before he sentences me to a life of fear and ennui.
A thought I've had about shadow work is that maybe it isn't just the dark side...
maybe it's just the hidden side ... what if there are golden coins there we've never discovered,
never thought ourselves worthy of.
Fortress of Solitude. Fortress is a strong word, I’m not exactly sure what I am protecting or from whom I am protecting it. So maybe it’s a Garden. But Superman was the mightiest guy on the planet so why did he feel the need for one? It may have to do with establishing boundaries and not having to try so hard to please others or blind obedience to an internal censor.
Powerful metaphor to be explored. Especially in opposition to our "comfort zone" mindset.
Gratitude for the teachers. I wasn’t born with this head full of ideas so they had to come from somewhere. Time to pay my respects. There’s a ritual in there somewhere.
Prompts an exercise about what early books affected your outlook on life?
And a question about ritual ... are there rituals that would make this journey richer?
Fate Fortune and Destiny. This is too much a part of the collective unconscious to ignore. It is real? Does it make us tragic victims in the end or prisoners of our own devices? Or something else entirely (see Sliding Doors)
Ahhh ... the great mystery ... why shouldn't we be able to make it up just like all
the humans who've gone before us. What's your take on Origins Story?
The Merry Pranksters. Inanity or liberation? Self-expression or self indulgent? (See Cocoon)
Maybe there's a costume party in our 2023?
Something else you mentioned was "Intentionality" ... I like thinking we're doing this with purpose and intention, that we see positives in this journey ... greater understanding of ourselves and the world we live in ... shifting our thinking
Why are we here?
Why is the Universe here?
What's it all about Alfie?
Other notes:
Personal fable/storeyline ... I'm feeling a fairytale coming on.
Books and readings
Journaling
Pilgrimage
Repository
Gratitude and generosity
Love yourself
Being/Doing
That’s all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.