Eric, this morning I woke up in wonder: the wonder of friendship in a time of life when new and deep connections are a rare gift to be treasured.
The wonder of conversation that meanders undammed, twisting and turning, ebbing and flowing, wild and free over boulders of history, through banks of commonalities, watering the vast plains of our spirits.
The wonder of a journey, an idea little understood, a call only faintly heard, a first step lightly taken toward a shadowy who-knows-what that just keeps beckoning.
The wonder of shared possibilities, of travel and adventures, of new ideas and understandings, of joys and burdens, of life brightened by connection and conversation.
The wonder of love. Myers-Briggs or not, I have lived my life as a head person, feelings safely tucked away. However, on November 24, 2022, in the parking lot of an iHop restaurant, my heart chose you. I brushed it away as an aberration. It didn't stay brushed.
The wonder of "we." One of the harder adjustments that came with Richard's death, was the loss of the pronoun "we." It shifted everything from what to have for lunch to what to do with my day and each tomorrow. Now I find myself thinking "we" and it feels like home, like hiraeth.
Thank you for being my friend, for being on this journey, for bringing new wonder into my life. Thank you for this gift of waking up in wonder, prompting me to write this love letter to you and to my life.
May joy and wonder be with us throughout our journey,
joyce

Thank you Joyce that was beautifully said. I'm equally appreciative of our blossoming friendship and the embrace of our kindred spirits. Eric
ReplyDeleteThank you. I sometimes feel like I'm dancing with two left feet ... trying to be honest with my feelings without putting any kind of expectations on you other than your own honesty. Trusting the process, again, seems to be the key. I'm particularly fond of Dory's "just keep swimming" ... I guess in our case, it may be "just keep talking." ;-)
ReplyDelete