I see myself waking in the morning to the sunlight. I'm eager to start the day. I anticipate the aliveness that I will feel when I engage with my activities. I am centered, I know what I must do and I want to do it.
I feel like I do when I gather and prepare my lunch and then sit in front of the computer to begin my daily crossword. I am relaxed and focused. There is no stress. I do not have to force myself to pay attention. I'm not distracted, my mind is alert and playing with the possibilities. What will I do first? Where will I begin?
The work becomes more challenging. The easy part is over, the low hanging fruit has been harvested. Now the real fun begins. Can I puzzle through? Can I tease out the answers from the clues that had been cleverly placed in front of me? They are tough, ambivalent, ambiguous. I must let my mind unwind and not force things. The intrigue is pleasing to me. I want to figure out the answer, but the pleasure is in the not knowing, allowing my mind to work the soil.
The answers come - at first the short ones and then the long ones, bursting forth as the letters form into phrases. Delight at the cleverness of the clues!
And then the puzzle is solved. I'm happy but wish the feeling would continue, like finishing a book that has absorbed you and thrilled you.
What's next?
***
|
Done!
ReplyDelete