Thursday, June 29, 2023

Julian Retreat - June, 2023

From the last journal session of Ira Progoff's Intensive Journal, the focus of the retreat. 


Eric's Blessing: 


May my spirit bless my travels, outward and inward, and fill my mind and heart with joy and wonder. May it bring me solace when I need it and courage when I falter or grow discouraged. May I find kindred spirits to share the road with. May I rise above the distractions and impediments that lie along the way. May my intentions be clear and acts compassionate. May I make a difference, however small, in the hopes and dreams of those I encounter, and may I think the better of myself for all my errant strivings and invariable mistakes. May I leave despair behind and embrace the potentialities that my life will offer me.

 

Joyce's Poem: Leaving Julian

a bird sings, a breeze sighs through trees,
in the distance, a horse whinnies.
now drifts down the valleys
reaching out to the fogged world below.

I leave one heart string at a time,
no longer here, not yet there,
hearing faint callings from tomorrow,
a world away,
waiting for embrace,
making space,
holding the door
for my return
in new robes,
gathered wisdom
warm in my pockets,
seeds from outcast fields.



1 comment:

  1. Posted my poem and left space for your blessing... may it blossom into a bright beacon and fill your days with joy and confidence.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.