I feel like I've lost the thread a bit. One of the things that's happened is my journaling keeps migrating to different platforms, starting out here, moving to my blogs, moving to Sam Keens questions and finally now to the Progoff Intensive Journal. I've got entries all over the place in scattershot fashion and I'm finding it hard to get focused.
Also, this notion of working with the Debbie, I'm pretty clear I don't wanna do this right now and that I wanna keep searching for alternatives, although I'm anxious to hear what ideas you have. Progoff talks a lot about imagery and using subliminal space and letting sensory stimuli arise while in a trace-like state. That's proven really hard for me to do since I am so trained to go to the analytic route. Every time a new issue comes up I wanna go get a book and read it. As a result I have all these readings stacked up and I'm not making a whole lotta progress on any of them.
The Progoff method holds a lot of promise in terms of reaching a new level of depth in understanding our lives in the larger trajectory that we are on. He believes in fate and destiny that we all have a unique self that is constantly striving to emerge and realize it's potential. That's an exciting prospect for me and the reason I find the hero's journey so enticing. And yet I'm not sure whether I'm just going in circles and wearing a rut in the road or on the verge of some significant shifts. I could say I'm "stuck in the middle with you" in the words of an old tune, and hasten to add that is in no way is a reflection on you or our relationship, or a judgment about where you might be, if anything I am very grateful to be on this journey with you🙏🌷. It's simply a statement of where I find myself on this overcast June morning.
***
JW ... it is truly lovely to be on this journey with someone with such a like mind. I came to the conclusion that I don't want Debbie or Len or even some other unknown guide. It came to me after filling out that form where I was just glossing over stuff which is what I think I would do with any counselor. I don't want to tell my stories to a new person. I don't trust a one-time person to tell me something new, give me insights. I do trust you and we're starting to have a fairly rich database on ourselves and each other.
The idea I had was that we could guide each other ... you one day, me the next ... to make sure someone is awake and sober should anything go wrong. I think we could get up-to-speed a bit more on how to facilitate our own journey. Then I opened google and found more international retreats ... the one in Mexico just outside Mexico City caught my eye for $2500, 5 days. I'd rather spend the money for something like that than one day with an unknown person.
I love that we get to keep feeling our way into this. And, I wonder if more focus on exploring ourselves in the journal process wouldn't be an effective, and maybe even more effective, way to get closer to where we're wanting to go. Maybe some combination of journaling and moderate doses, now that we have a trusted source?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.