Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday Notes #6, Feb 10, 2023

Check-ins: How are you feeling? What are you learning? What do you need?

Mentors: prescriptive vs. guides, maybe not one major mentor but many, including non-human ... music, nature etc.

Agreement on criteria of being more spiritual/life journey guidance than prescriptive.
More like Parker Palmer and Richard Rohr

Progoff Intensive Journaling: posted an article that gives the 12 sections and my experience with it.

Catching Stars: chosen for uplifting beat. Discussion of "catching stars" image and why it attracts us. Pondering the line: "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"

Music: 




Julian: watch the stars in Borrego Springs ... and maybe wildflower walk
EWR: bring chanting CD
JW: bring mandala book
JW/EWR: look for colored sand


At this point, I assume we are not going to find a replacement site for this.
It might be good to do one more review to make sure we don't see a glitch since we can cancel by 2/25. It is a shared bathroom. Official arrival is 4 pm ... I've emailed host to see if we could move it closer to noon. ... she said yes!

Frances Weller, Soulful Life Informational
    Session ... JW registered, EWR to register, March 3

Question: What kind of a person am I trying to become?

Readwise App: uses your kindle notes to send you 5 (or more) highlights per day. (Very often from books I've forgotten I read.) Also provides useful info for enhancing your kindle notes. There is a substantial free trial.

2 comments:

  1. I'm satisfied with this place and Juliet it looks welcoming to me. I don't have any issue with the shared bathroom but if you do we can look further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) As long as it's indoors, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.