3rd morning of waking up, making coffee and going back to bed to write in my journal … I am writing this to encourage myself … and you … to continue the daily log process. Looking back at the beginning of the process reminded me that using bullet points was helpful … it’s just a log.
One aha: There is a huge difference between what comes up from entrance meditations on Wednesday with the music and readings and what shows up in non entrance meditation writings.
IDEA: Maybe this blog is a way to share bits of our journals ... stuff that gets lost or overlooked along the way in between Friday talks and retreats.
here are some bits I harvested from reviewing the past several months and would love to have you share some of yours.
*** 7/25/23
Vision of a white board in an empty classroom where messages appear and disappear:
You are your own one. Before you can spread out, you need to spiral in.
You are your teacher.
Spiral in.
Wait.
You are not done.
*** 8/1/23
I'm lonely, bored, ignored.
You're feeling ignored?
Yes, you're always working on Substack. I'm not having fun
*** 8/9/23
? When I die, will I have given my all or will I still be unspent, like money in the bank?
***9/13/23 meditation E&V
"May there be kindness in your inner gaze." -- John O'Donohue
*** 9/28/23
Anti-manifesto of shoulds ... 12 shoulds to re-evaluate and replace with
"if I feel so inclined."
*** 10/4/23 - Wed meditation with E&V
lifeless ... lifemore
wherewithal ... wherewithnothing
finding time ... losing time ... making time ... gifting
where am I going ... where have I been
this too shall pass, this too has been here, this too has made me who I am, this too is everything
of course there were tears
of course there was loss
there was also Richard
there was also Wayne,
there was also others, some of note, some not.
there was always me and rivers and trees
always trees, always trees and flowers
and time and space
there was always today
and has always been tomorrow
someday no tomorrows
someday no more flowers
someday a future I can't imagine
or maybe a void
or maybe avoid
sinking into nonsense
*** 10/11/23 - wed meditation
"Is there anyone there called the traveler
knocking at the cabin door
while his horse chomped the grass
of the forest's ferny floor." *from The Traveler but not perfectly
Above the clouds the sun is shining
Above the clouds of unseeing .... disbelief, disruption, disturbance, distribulation(?)
When the trees say nothing, we say nothing ... O'donohue
*** 10/17/23 - wed meditation
?Why is it important to be in a physically different place?
I started to send you an email and then decided maybe a bit of the "drifting" has been related to the dropping away from using the blog as our container.
ReplyDeletegood show! I've been feeling the drift as well
ReplyDelete